Taneha's Media Blog: Planning - mock up of music magazine layout

Monday 8 November 2010

Planning - mock up of music magazine layout


Having researched other magazines and their front covers, I have made a few mock up layout for each part of the magazine that I have to make.
This is the first front cover mock up.

For this I have basically used the generic layout for the front cover of Rocksound magazine. I feel that it is a very good layout, and very effective in selling the magazine because it's so simple.

Unlike other magazines, the front cover isn't crammed full of information, but the space is still used effectively.


I feel that the fact that the main image takes up most of the page is quire effective as it catches the attention of the audience. Also I think that only one image on the cover, apart from possibly some VERY small other images, is most effective. Too many images becomes confusing to the eye and sometimes makes the cover look cluttered, messy and unprofessional (like top of the pops magazine for example)

2 comments:

  1. Why is the main article title to the left? It looks a little small here. Maybe make it a bit bigger and make the 'other less important things that are in the magazine' a bit smaller and lower down. I'd stick to about 5-7 coverlines.

    Also, the black strip at the top may do with being made a bit narrower, providing you with more space for a picture. Obviously, if you use the space provided at the top effectively (see this months issue of Terrorizer as an example) this won't be necessary. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. *looks at this months issue of terrorizer*

    I see I see, thanks for the advice Sarah

    as i think this is the layout i'm going to use, I will take this on board and edit it. (:

    ReplyDelete