Taneha's Media Blog: Conception, Framing and shot distance

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Conception, Framing and shot distance

School Magazine:

For the front cover of my school magazine I want to get either an eye height or high angle shot of the front of the school, I want to include a student in the image, possibly in uniform because it will reinforce the school image. I will probably play around with the contrast of the student against the background to get the best effect and to make the student stand out from the background. I am also going to have a mid-shot of a student over the main photo, but a small photo, maybe in the corner of the pare or above/next to a story 'headline'. This image would be associated with the main story and the student will be looking away from the camera.

Music Magazine:

For the front cover of my music magazine I want a picture of the main 'artist'/'band' in mid-range shot with their instruments. I want to have the image as a high angle shot, with the frontperson of the band standing slightly forward from the rest of the band to show their authority over the band. They will all be dressed in a similar way, possibly all wearing a corresponding item of clothing or jewellery, a jacket or necklace for example. I will have them either on a grassy field or stood against a wall. This image will then be the ground for the main title.

No comments:

Post a Comment